The Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester is a ‘youth orchestra’ like none other: it comprises the crème de la crème of young European musicians at the outset of their careers, and it is a finishing school and feeder for Europe’s very best orchestras. With the great Leif Ove Andsnes playing Beethoven’s most poetic piano concerto alongside the visionary grandeur of Bruckner’s lofty ‘Romantic’ Symphony, conducted by Herbert Blomstedt, this will be a very special concert indeed.
… a thoroughbred among youth orchestras… the ensemble balances the mature skill of professionals with the urgency that comes only from young musicians. New Statesman, 2011
… the most comprehensively fulfilling Prom of the entire batch I have attended… a five-star winner from beginning to end… the whole performance was riveting… What a pure joy it was, an inspired evening and one to cherish. Geoffrey Norris, The Telegraph 2011.
6.15pm Free pre-concert talk with Leif Ove Andsnes
Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester
Herbert Blomstedt conductor
Leif Ove Andsnes piano
|Beethoven||Piano Concerto No 4||35’|
|Bruckner||Symphony No 4, Romantic||64’|
Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester
£9.50, £15, £20, £25, £30, £35, £40*
60plus £9.50, £14.50, £19, £24, £28.50, £33.50, £38*
Stalls front four rows not available.
Book six or more concerts and save up to 30%. And, the more concerts you book for, the more money you’ll save:
• Book 6-8 concerts and save 10%
• Book 9-10 concerts and save 15%
• Book 11-16 concerts and save 20%
• Book 17 or more concerts and save 30%
You will also receive these exclusive benefits:
• First choice of seats in Symphony Hall and Town Hall during the priority booking period
• Ticket exchange scheme
• Free concert programme
• Discounts on selected additional concerts throughout the year
• 6 months interest-free credit on orders over £100 if you book by Saturday 30 June 2012
• Car parking for just £4.50 at Qpark Brindleyplace
• 12½% discount at Symphony Hall Music Shop
• 10% discount on Town Hall and Symphony Hall merchandise
• 30% discount on additional Birmingham International Concert Season concert tickets if you book 17 or more concerts in your package
Wheelchair Users and Disabled Patrons
50% discount on full priced tickets. If you require a companion, they are also entitled to a 50% discount.
Students and under 25s
50% discount on full priced tickets.
Kids Go Free
One free ticket per child (aged 16 and under) for every adult ticket purchased. Maximum group size of 6. Free concert programme included.
A maximum of 4 £9.50 tickets per concert per booker are available from 24 April for customers booking at least 6 concerts, however these do not count towards a Concert Package. Customers booking 5 or fewer concerts can purchase £9.50
tickets from 28 May. No additional discounts or other Concert Package benefits are available for tickets at £9.50.
Groups of 11 or More
Bring a group of 11 or more people and receive a 20% discount, plus one free ticket per 10 tickets purchased (for each performance attended). Phone the Group Booking Department on 0800 358 7070, open 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Please note all tickets must be paid for in one transaction.
Available from 1pm on the day of evening performances (10am on matinees):
• Passport to Leisure holders £12
• Benefit* Recipients £5
• Students and under 25s £5
*Qualifying benefits are Income Support, Pension Tax Credit and Disability Tax Credit.
Please call the Box Office for further information. All tickets are offered subject to availability. Only one discount can apply unless stated otherwise. Proof of eligibility may be required when purchasing/ collecting reduced price tickets. Please note only one Standby Discount is available per ID used.
- 32 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2EA, West Midlands, United Kingdom