The Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra, under its distinguished conductor Riccardo Chailly, is one of the world’s very greatest orchestras. They visit Birmingham riding high on the critical accolades from recent performances in London, Paris and Vienna. Acclaimed cellist Lynn Harrell is the soloist in Shostakovich’s Second Cello Concerto, and the centrepiece of the evening is Rachmaninov’s heart-felt Second Symphony, an outpouring of passionate emotion into an inexhaustible stream of gorgeous melody.
…Chailly and the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra had us enthralled. Michael Church, The Independent
Chailly has taken a sleeping giant and galvanised it into one of the world’s most responsive and passionate major orchestras. The Times
Riccardo Chailly Gewandhauskapellmeister/music director
Lynn Harrell cello
Shostakovich Cello Concerto No 2 33’
Rachmaninov Symphony No 2 58’
£9.50, £17.50, £25, £30, £35, £40, £50*
60plus £9.50, £17, £24, £28.50, £33.50, £38, £47.50*
Book six or more concerts and save up to 30%. And, the more concerts you book for, the more money you’ll save:
• Book 6-8 concerts and save 10%
• Book 9-10 concerts and save 15%
• Book 11-16 concerts and save 20%
• Book 17 or more concerts and save 30%
You will also receive these exclusive benefits:
• First choice of seats in Symphony Hall and Town Hall during the priority booking period
• Ticket exchange scheme
• Free concert programme
• Discounts on selected additional concerts throughout the year
• 6 months interest-free credit on orders over £100 if you book by Saturday 30 June 2012
• Car parking for just £4.50 at Qpark Brindleyplace
• 12½% discount at Symphony Hall Music Shop
• 10% discount on Town Hall and Symphony Hall merchandise
• 30% discount on additional Birmingham International Concert Season concert tickets if you book 17 or more concerts in your package
Wheelchair Users and Disabled Patrons
50% discount on full priced tickets. If you require a companion, they are also entitled to a 50% discount.
Students and under 25s
50% discount on full priced tickets.
Kids Go Free
One free ticket per child (aged 16 and under) for every adult ticket purchased. Maximum group size of 6. Free concert programme included.
A maximum of 4 £9.50 tickets per concert per booker are available from 24 April for customers booking at least 6 concerts, however these do not count towards a Concert Package. Customers booking 5 or fewer concerts can purchase £9.50
tickets from 28 May. No additional discounts or other Concert Package benefits are available for tickets at £9.50.
Groups of 11 or More
Bring a group of 11 or more people and receive a 20% discount, plus one free ticket per 10 tickets purchased (for each performance attended). Phone the Group Booking Department on 0800 358 7070, open 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Please note all tickets must be paid for in one transaction.
Available from 1pm on the day of evening performances (10am on matinees):
• Passport to Leisure holders £12
• Benefit* Recipients £5
• Students and under 25s £5
*Qualifying benefits are Income Support, Pension Tax Credit and Disability Tax Credit.
Please call the Box Office for further information. All tickets are offered subject to availability. Only one discount can apply unless stated otherwise. Proof of eligibility may be required when purchasing/ collecting reduced price tickets. Please note only one Standby Discount is available per ID used.
- 32 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2EA, West Midlands, United Kingdom
We are thrilled to bring a glittering array of classical stars from around the globe to Birmingham to grace the stages of Town Hall and Symphony Hall this season. In 2012/13 you can enjoy inspirational performances by the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra with maestro Riccardo Chailly, the Budapest...
* A £2.50 fee per transaction will be charged on all bookings except purchases made in person at the Town Hall or Symphony Hall Box office.blog comments powered by Disqus