Maxim Vengerov has been away too long, but after a remarkable comeback from long-term injury he’s playing with all the charisma and authority that have placed him among the greatest violinists of our time. This concert celebrates two opposite but equal sides of his artistry; the sweetness and brilliance of Tchaikovsky’s violin miniatures, set against two joyous concertos by the composer Tchaikovsky called ‘the Christ of music’: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Classic FMs’ John Suchet says:
It’s not often that we experience the Polish Chamber Orchestra in Britain’s concert halls, so I urge you to watch this unique band under the directorship of violinist Maxim Vengerov. Out of the soloist spotlight for quite some time due to a shoulder injury, Vengerov is making a welcome return to the concert platform not only as violinist, but conductor. Tonight he and his orchestra play a feast of music by Mozart and Tchaikovsky.
Polish Chamber Orchestra
Maxim Vengerov violin/director
|Mozart||Violin Concerto No 4 in D||26’|
|Violin Concerto No 5 in A, Turkish||31’|
|Tchaikovsky (arr David Walter)||Sérénade mélancolique||7’|
|Souvenir d´un lieu cher||20’|
Listen to our 13/14 Concert Season playlist
£9.50, £15, £20, £25, £30, £35, £40 plus transaction fee*
60plus £9.50, £14.50, £19, £24, £28.50, £33.50, £38 plus transaction fee*
Save money as you enjoy more music by taking advantage of our great concert packages.
• Book 6-8 concerts and save 10%
• Book 9-10 concerts and save 15%
• Book 11-16 concerts and save 20%
• Book 17 or more concerts and save 30%
You will also receive these exclusive benefits:
• First choice of seats in Symphony Hall and Town Hall during the priority booking period
• Ticket exchange scheme
• Free concert programme
• Discounts on selected additional concerts throughout the year
• 6 months interest-free credit on orders over £100 if you book by 5pm on Friday 28 June 2013
• Car parking for just £4.50 at Qpark Brindleyplace
• 12½% discount at Symphony Hall Music Shop
• 10% discount on Town Hall and Symphony Hall merchandise
• 30% discount on additional Birmingham International Concert Season concert tickets if you book 17 or more concerts in your package
Wheelchair Users and Disabled Patrons
A range of tickets and services are available under our new Access Scheme for all concerts from 1 September 2013. To find out more, or to join the Access Scheme, please click here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 780 4949.
Students and under 25s
50% discount on full priced tickets. Student ticket discounts are valid until 31 July 2013.
Kids Go Free
One free ticket per child (aged 16 and under) for every adult ticket purchased. Maximum group size of 6. Free concert programme included.
£9.50 Tickets plus transaction fee*
A maximum of four £9.50* tickets per concert per booker are available from 17 April 2013 for customers booking at least 6 concerts, however these do not count towards a Concert Package. Customers booking 5 or fewer concerts can purchase £9.50* tickets from Tuesday 14 May. No additional discounts or other Concert Package benefits are available for tickets at £9.50*.
Groups of 11 or More
Bring a group of 11 or more people and receive a 20% discount, plus one free ticket per 10 tickets purchased (for each performance attended). Phone the Group Booking Department on 0800 358 7070, open 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Please note all tickets must be paid for in one transaction.
Available from 1pm on the day of evening performances (10am on matinees):
• Passport to Leisure holders £12 plus transaction fee*
• Benefit* Recipients £5 plus transaction fee*
• Students and under 25s £5 plus transaction fee*
**Qualifying benefits are Income Support, Pension Tax Credit and Disability Tax Credit.
**Please call the Box Office for further information. All tickets are offered subject to availability. Only one discount can apply unless stated otherwise. Proof of eligibility may be required when purchasing/ collecting reduced price tickets. Please note only one Standby Discount is available per ID used.
- 32 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2EA, West Midlands, United Kingdom