Following on from our successful October Half Term session led by trumpeter, Laura Jurd, we’re now really excited to be inviting the incredible pianist and composer, Rebecca Nash to lead this year’s Jazzlines February Half Term session’s. Rebecca is an in-demand musician, performing all over the UK and Europe and her latest album, Peaceful King, was released on the prestigious Whirlwind Recordings. You can find out more about Rebecca here.
This year's course will take place from Monday 17th – Wednesday 19th February 2020, 10.00 am - 4.00pm and is perfect for ages 11-19.
The cost of this course is just £110 for a 3 days of masterclasses with leading UK jazz musicians and educators.
Following the continued successful pilot last October, Half Term Sessions will take place in Symphony Hall Foyer and feature:
- Expert teaching from leading UK jazz musicians and educators supported by THSH stewards.
- An exclusive back stage tour of Symphony Hall led by one of THSH experienced tour guides.
- Focused masterclasses on a different discipline each day and cover Composition , Rhythm and Aural skills.
- Sessional rehearsals as a full ensemble on the foyer as well as break-out small band sessions in the Patrick Media Studio.
- Kids Go Free concert offers for Jazzlines recommended concerts at THSH
This unique opportunity is limited to 30 places and an application form can be downloaded below.