Large in size and keen in nature, Zog is eager to win a golden star at Madam Dragon’s school, where dragons learn all the things that dragons need to know. Zog tries so very hard, perhaps too hard, and he bumps, burns and roars his way through years one, two and three. Luckily, the plucky Princess Pearl patches him up ready to face his biggest challenge yet…a duel with knight, Sir Gadabout the Great!
The smash-hit stage adaptation from Freckle Productions (the team behind Tiddler and Other Terrific Tales and Tabby McTat) is back in 2020 and promises to be bigger, brighter and more roar-some than ever before! With brand new songs from Joe Stilgoe (The Jungle Book, The Midnight Gang) and directed by Emma Kilbey, Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s much-loved Zog is a magical production for all ages.
THSH and Freckle Productions are thrilled to announce that all the performances of Zog will be relaxed. Whether your family has some additional needs or you’re just not sure your little one will sit still for an hour, every reaction will be embraced, encouraged and welcomed. See below for details of the changes we’ll be making to make your visit as easy as possible.
For performances with BSL interpretation, please click the Buy Tickets tab above.
Lovingly interpreted with colour, flair and talent, Zog will have thousands of children laughing and falling in love with theatre.Musical Theatre Review
Superbly fun, colourful and heartwarming.My Theatre Mates
Relaxed performances are open to everyone, and are presented in such a way that every reaction is embraced, encouraged and welcomed. As part of the presentation, there will be subtle changes and additions to create a positive overall experience for everyone:
- Chill-out area – for families to retire to if the performance becomes too overwhelming
- Quiet zone – should you need a quiet area to move completely away from the performance
- Fully-trained staff to welcome you and make sure your experience is the best
- Pre-show visual story available to everyone in advance so you know what to expect
- Pushchair park for parents and carers to store pushchairs whilst the performance is taking place
- Additional space created in the stalls area for those with ‘restless legs’!
Running Time: Approximately one hour
Age suitability: All ages welcome.
Zog © 2010 Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. Published by Alison Green Books, an imprint of Scholastic Children’s Books
© Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler