PROJECTS THAT INSPIRE AND CHANGE LIVES
Town Hall and Symphony Hall are synonymous with the world’s best music and performance. We’re also a registered charity famous for our engagement projects, which strengthen the community and nurture emerging talent.
We work with local and national grant-making trusts and foundations, via one-off donations and large-scale, multi-year projects. In recent years, their generous support has enabled us to:
- Immerse hundreds of primary school children in a world of music
- Offer a series of relaxed performances for children with autism, learning disabilities and sensory and communication disorders
- Develop the confidence and skills of young people, helping them programme and manage their own music festival
- Support the UK’s best emerging jazz musicians
- Undertake capital projects, such as preserving the beautiful Town Hall organ for generations to come
Without support from trusts and foundations, many projects with the power to change lives simply would not happen.
Trust & Foundations in Action:
With the very kind support of trusts and foundations, we were able to launch a series of relaxed performances for young people with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, learning disability or sensory and communication disorder.
These performances bring the gift of music to children and their families. For the first time, families are able to attend a show and relish the magic together.
Having an autistic son, I was over the moon to hear you created a relaxed performance of the What The Ladybird Heard. I am sure you can appreciate it’s extremely difficult finding somewhere to take your child that doesn’t cause them unimaginable stress.
Gerard felt reassured because we showed him the chill-out area before we went into the main hall. The fact that he was allowed to get up and wander about also helped, because that meant that his anxiety levels weren’t heightened. He loved hearing Star Wars, and Little Jim the puppet made him giggle!
We’re extremely grateful to the Trusts & Foundations that support our projects.
Please Contact Guy Oddy, Development Manager on 0121 644 6026 or email email@example.com