CAPITAL PROJECT PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
Symphony Hall (SH) is one of the finest concert halls in the world. Presenting a world-class programme of music and education, it is a major cultural draw for Birmingham. It is the home of the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO). Over 350,000 audiences enjoyed performances at SH in 2015, across a programme of classic, jazz, folk, rock, pop, comedy and community events.
The organisation which operates Symphony Hall, Performances Birmingham Limited (PBL) is about to embark upon a c£12m capital construction project. This construction project extends and re-models SH’s public spaces to create a building that is economically sustainable, vibrant, and connected to the public realm.
Key physical components of the development are:
- An extended glass frontage into Centenary Square
- 750m2 additional space
- A dedicated front door, separate to the ICC entrance
- New bars and hospitality
- 588m2 of underused space brought into commercial and learning use
- New learning, education and meeting spaces
- New corporate hospitality suites
- A relocated box office
- Enhanced FOH performance space
PBL are now seeking a specialist to assist with the procurement of key services for the commencement of this project. This individual will be responsible for designing and procuring the role of project architect, ensuring that all applicants fully understand the requirements of the project and are capable of delivering the services as established in the contract.
- Planning and implementing a sound and sustainable procurement process, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management and performance measurement.
- Timely and duly prepared procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation.
- Preparation of all project related paperwork (inc but not limited to Statement of Works, Terms of Reference, Contracts), and other documents required for project implementation
- Utilising the OJEU procurement process manage the prequalification and short-listing of bidders, preparations of bids, issuance of bids, pre-bid conference, receipt and opening of bids, bid evaluation, recommendation of award, contracts negotiations, contract finalization and issuance.
- Development and implementation of systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Excellent and proven experience in dealing with contractors and local partners.
- Significant professional experience at national level in the relevant field of civil engineering, especially in preparation of construction technical documentation.
- Experience in working in complex environments and large infrastructure and/or civil works, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision.
- Experience in managing and supervising medium to large-scale construction works in the public sector.
- Knowledge of procurement, tendering and contracting processes and requirements, particularly OJEU.
For further information and or to send a letter of application for this position please contact Nick Loveland, Chief Operating Officer, Performances Birmingham Limited, on (0121) 644 6390 or at firstname.lastname@example.org